Many cruisers weigh well north of 40 pounds. Not so with the Boss and Taxi! Because nothing gets more uncomfortable faster than having to pedal more weight than necessary, we’ve pared as many grams from these bikes as we could. Starting with the lightweight aluminum frame and a parts pick that’s nearly all lightweight alloy parts. The results are bikes just north of 30 pounds that are easy to pedal and more fun to ride.
All Boss frame sizes (and there are six to assure the best possible fit for greater comfort and more secure handling) offer an extra long stem quill and head tube and hi-rise handlebars for a comfortable, upright ride position
EASY TO SIT ON
The Boss Saddle is as plush as it gets — quilted top, wide body, fully stuffed, double-loop springs — and is offered in both male and female specific lengths and widths. The Taxi saddle is as durable as it gets, with an extra-thick 3 mil cover to resist puncture, a flat top that won’t pool water when the Taxi is parked in the rain, box section rails that will never bend, and double-loop springs that comfortably support passengers.
SMOOTH ROLLING TIRES
Our comfort tires have been designed to roll smoothly on pavement, but offer a large 2.35” footprint so that rides on park paths can be managed securely. The additional benefit of that big footprint is larger air volume in the tire and tube, which results in lower air pressure for a more comfortable ride than tires with smaller volumes and higher air pressures.
Our cruise-control handlebars were designed to promote a comfortable no-weight-on-the-wrists riding position. With just the right sweep and rise, these handlebars meet the rider’s hands without requiring a forward bend at the waist, relieving pressure on the back of the neck. Handlebar width has also been carefully calculated so that when steered from left to right it does not contact the rider, unlike many other cruiser-style handlebars.
Many of the parts specified on our Boss and Taxi are made of aluminum to save weight, but also to help preserve the finish of the bike. Aluminum parts include the seat post, seat clamp, stem, rims, front hub, kickstand and crank arms. We’ve even specified a specially treated chain on the Taxi that protects the chain against rust in even the harshest conditions. In fact, this coating increases the rust-resistance of the chain up to 500 times (!) that of a regular chain.
- Frame Diamond frame design with 6061 aluminum oversized tubing, sloping top tube design, water bottle bosses, alloy kickstand, and painted steel chainguard
- Fork Oversized hi-tensile steel tubular unicrown with leading dropout and fender boss
- Headset Internal cup, threaded, 1 1/8”
- Wheels Alex Y303 36H black anodized alloy rims with alloy nutted hubs and 14 gauge stainless steel spokes
- Tires CST Metropolitan Palm Bay, 26″ x 2.35
- Derailleurs Shimano TY-300 rear
- Shiftlevers Shimano RevoShift RS-35, 7-speed
- Chain KMC Z51NP, silver
- Cassette Shimano, 14-28, 7- Speed
- Crankset Forged alloy crank, 170mm alloy, with 44T compact disc chainring
- BB Set Sealed cartridge, 68 x 122.5mm
- Pedals Cruiser platform with TPE comfort insert
- Brakeset Tektro alloy linear pull brake with Tektro CL530 alloy levers
- Handlebar Jamis Cruise-control comfort bar
- Stem Alloy hi-rise, 180mm quill, 100mm extension, with removeable 2-bolt cap
- Grips Comfort style
- Seat Post Alloy micro-adjust, 27.2 x 300mm, with 31.8mm alloy clamp and cromo seatpin
- Saddle Boss Cruiser design with extra padding and heavy-duty, double-loop springs
- Sizes M: 17”, 19”, 21”, 23” S/O: 14”, 18”
- Color Winter Blue, Gloss Black, Ninja Green S/O: Sky Blue, Cucumber, Raspberry
- Weight 33.25 lbs
Fit and Sizing
|SIZE||TOP EFFECTIVE||HEAD ANGLE||SEAT ANGLE||CHAIN STAY||WHEEL BASE||FORK RAKE||BB HEIGHT||HEAD TUBE||STANDOVER|
Download Specifications Sheet